Aloha all MTB/Cycling Enthusiasts,
The North Shore Bike Park, in partnership with Turtle Bay Resort, Outta Bounds Hawaii and Island Triathlon & Bike, presents the rebirth of the “Honu Festival”. On January 22, 2017 this cycling event will feature several types of races, a cyclo-cross race in the morning followed by a kids’ mountain bike trail race in the afternoon with the adults to follow. Also new this year is our E-bike trail race to close the event. Classes/division will be dependent upon the number of registered racers. We are also allowing mountain bikes to enter in the cyclo-cross event and vice versa.
So, if you are down for a day of riding, this is your chance to try 2 different disciplines in one day. For those who are not planning to race, you will still be able to ride the trails during the rest breaks between events. There will be a limited supply of bikes available for rent for those that have friends or family that want to experience the bike park trails or simply ride along the beautiful beach coast. Most of all, this will be a day of riding and or relaxing at the North Shore Bike Park and Turtle Bay Resort.
For those interested in enjoying a little R&R staycation on the weekend of the event, Turtle Bay Resort is offering Kama’aina rates starting at $199.
When: Sunday, January 22, 2017
Where: Turtle Bay Resort (North Shore Bike Park),
Parking: Take the immediate left after the security booth and follow event signage
- Cyclo-Cross registration: 8:00-8:45am, Race starts promptly at 9:00am
- Kids MTB trail race registration: 9:30-10:45am, race starts promptly at 11:00am
- Adult MTB trail race registration: 9:30-10:45am, following the kids’ race, approx. 1:00pm
- E-Bike trail race registration: 11:00-1:00pm, following the MTB race, approx. 2:30pm
- Clean up 4:00pm
- Cross: 1 lap on Kawela side then cross to Marconi side 4 laps
- Kid’s: Time Trial (1 rider off every minute) one Loop of the Magic Bus trail
- Mountain Bike: Using all three trials Banyan, Kawela, and Magic (45 minutes plus one lap)
- E-Bike: Using all three trials Banyan, Kawela, and Magic (45 minutes plus one lap)
Cost: $10/single race or $5 each race for multiple race participant
North Shore Bike Park